The crown of thorns starfish is currently attacking the Great Barrier Reef. Causes for this problem include overpopulation and pollution.
The crown of thorns starfish (acanthaster planci), a very large starfish, is found throughout the Pacific and Indian oceans. They can grow to be as large as a half meter and begin life as a small larvae. Their primary source of food is coral, consuming many different types depending on the region. Many different theories exist on how to control an outbreak and what causes an outbreak to happen initially.
- What Causes Rust in an Aquarium?
- Harvesting and Hunting Practices of Native Americans
- Review of the ProClear Impact Protein Skimmer
- The Aztecs’ Diet, Agriculture and Hunting Practices
- Diet, Agriculture and Hunting Practices of the Dakota and Inuit