Bringing the delicate taste of chicken Alfredo to a casserole, this chicken Alfredo bake combines the best ingredients of the dish with a plentiful amount of cheese. The crispy breadcrumbs tie the whole thing together into a great creamy Italian dish the whole family will love.
- 6 T unsalted butter
- 3 C baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 C free range chicken, cooked and diced
- 4 C whole milk
- 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 C sun dried tomatoes, julienne cut
- 1 16 oz box fettuccine
- 1 t freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T fresh parsley
- 1 C fresh Parmesan
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 C breadcrumbs
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Add mushrooms and garlic, sauté until soft.
Add flour. Stir until well blended, making a roux. Slowly add milk. Stir constantly to incorporate, ensuring there are no lumps.
Add Parmesan, tomatoes and spices, cooking for about a minute until heated through.
Mix noodles and sauce and pour into a prepared baking dish.
Top with mozzarella and breadcrumbs.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until cheese melts and is bubbly.
Serve with toasted garlic bread and pinot grigio.
- 4 Cheese Pasta Bake
- Rose Pasta Sauce with Chicken Sausage
- Totally Turkey Tetrazzini
- Not Your Gramma’s Tuna Casserole
- Chef Tiffany’s Basic Tomato Pasta Sauce